I’ve been blessed to study with down-to-earth pro’s like Donald Yance, Miranda Esmonde-White, Susun Weed, Deepak Chopra, Rosemary Gladstar and others who have taught me much about simple, inexpensive DIY health and healing.
For example, Miranda Esmonde-White’s therapeutic fitness program, Essentrics (aka Classical Stretch on PBS). I benefit greatly from being able to do work out with Essentrics TV choices, in between live classes which can give me more individual feedback.
That’s why I have attended many live teacher trainings, and also live retreats, with Miranda Esmonde-White, plus her talented stable of master teachers and trainers. However…even if such events are currently out of reach, the DIY approach of daily Essentrics workouts through ETV or Classical Stretch on PBS can help you stay fit and pain-free.
Here are a few of my other DIY Health Tips
- Garlic: fresh and raw, 1 clove or more daily, better than a blood thinner (under the guidance of your HCP)
- Apple Cider Vinegar: 1 tsp. in a glass of water to aid digestion, help with bloating, re-balance PH levels and much more
- Smiling: way less expensive and fewer side effects than fillers or plastic surgery plus it actually helps you find the positive
- Deep Breathing: Inhale for 4 hold it for 4, exhale for 4 Often as beneficial for chronic anxiety as Xanax. With only positive side effects.
- Brain Balls, a great recipe from cherished mentor, Rosemary Gladstar, instead of a bunch of drugs or supplement to stay vital and vibrant
- Make Your Own Medicine: from Susun Weed to Christiane Northrup MD, there is a lot of good advice out there–but don’t believe everything you read on the internet and trust your intuition along with trusted advisers.
- Shift from Fear to Gratitude: you can only hold one thought at a time so make it a thought of gratitude rather than fear. Fear that you f—-d up (the past) or might soon (the future). Being grateful helps you live in the present.